22 Jun Dental Implants
An accident, a fall, an injury or neglected oral care can cause the loss of teeth and make life a bit more difficult. It can be harder to eat, to drink, or to do the daily functions of life. Loss of teeth may not only affect daily functions, but can affect a person emotionally. It can hinder a person from being fully comfortable with themselves and their smile. Dental implants may be one option to help make life a bit easier and increase self confidence. Lifetime Family Dental, located in Gilbert Arizona, is here to help with your cosmetic dental needs, including dental implants.
What are Dental Implants?
When someone has lost adult teeth for some reason and needs a replacement, dental implants can help. Essentially, what the dental implants are is a metal post that is placed beneath the gums into your jawbone. This creates a substitute root, where a tooth can then be fashioned and placed on.
How Do They Work?
With the metal post creating a substitute root, it allows for artificial teeth to be placed on them. It offers strong support for the teeth, whether they are dentures, bridges or crowns. The dental implants ensure the artificial teeth will not slip or move when eating or speaking.
Benefits of Dental Implants
As the procedure can seem a bit daunting or a bit more invasive due to the surgical aspect, there are several benefits by going this route.
- Dental implants allow you to have a natural feeling mouth as the teeth are permanently placed. It will feel normal and the teeth around it will not need to be ground down or prepared to hold the new replacements.
- They are strong, stable and long lasting. Dental implants will be the most long term and cost effective solution. While they may need periodic adjustments, overall they will be able to last a lifetime.
- Dental implants protect healthy bone structure. With the loss of teeth, it can lead to deterioration of your jawbone, but by putting in dental implants it stimulates and preserves your bone.
- There will be no cavities. By having the implants, cavities are unable to grow and build up, but your teeth will still need the appropriate oral care.
- Your self confidence will increase. With dental implants they allow you to feel more confident and comfortable smiling. They are so natural that they allow you to eat, speak and feel normal.
When it comes to your smile, how can you put a price on it? It not only affects your daily life of speaking or eating, but also affects your emotional capacity towards yourself. You are worth taking time to feel confident about yourself and how you were created. Contact Lifetime Family Dental to search out the best options to create a deeper level of confidence in yourself through the most appropriate cosmetic dentistry needs custom fit to you.