National Smile Month: Fun Dental Facts
Posted at 00:00h in Uncategorized
As National Smile Month wraps up tomorrow, June 16th, here are some interesting stats and facts about your smile and dental health. After you’ve skimmed through some of these figures, be sure to schedule an appointment with your dentist in Gilbert AZ, Lifetime Family Dental, to truly celebrate the Oral Health Foundation’s National Smile Month.
- ➤ Baby teeth are a set of only 20 teeth, while there are a total of 32 adult teeth that come in.
- ➤ The four types of teeth are canine, incisors, molars and premolars.
- ➤ Plaque consists of roughly 300 different types of bacteria.
- ➤ Tongue prints are just as unique as finger prints!
- ➤ One fifth of people can’t remember the last time they got a new toothbrush! Gross!
- ➤ Enamel, the layer that protects your teeth, is the hardest material in the human body.
- ➤ One third of your teeth are beneath the surface rooted in your gums!
- ➤ Personality comes in first, but people often report a nice smile is the second most important factor when determining someone’s attractiveness.
- ➤ One third of people admit to have never flossed their teeth even once! (Not recommended!)
- ➤ Brushing your teeth twice daily reduces tooth decay by 25%.
We hope you finish off your National Smile Month in style and come see us soon!
Images used under creative commons license – commercial use (6/15/2016) Ida Myrvold (Flickr)