We all know how wonderful Arizona is, at least those of us who live here (yes, the snowbirds too)! However, it doesn’t matter whether you’ve lived here 50 years or 50 days, there are probably a few weird and wonderful things about Arizona you probably don’t know. Well your best dental office in Arizona, Lifetime Family Dental, is here to shed a little light for you! We’ve compiled a brief list of some of the interesting, odd and sunny facts and stats about The Grand Canyon State. Read on and share which you found most interesting!
1. For those of you who have a fear of snakes, you won’t like this first fact. Arizona is home to 13 different species of rattlesnakes… which is the most of any state in the US!
2. Tucson and Phoenix experience sunshine around 85% of the year, which is more than both tropical getaways Hawaii and Florida!
3. The beloved cowboy dresswear the bolo tie is the state of Arizona’s official neckwear!
4. Scientists believe that the most recent volcanic eruption that took place in Arizona was roughly 1064 A.D. and was responsible for the creation of Flagstaff’s Sunset Crater. Hopefully that doesn’t mean we’re due for another!
5. Hoping for a white Christmas in 2017? Don’t bet on it! The most snowfall Phoenix ever recorded was one inch. This happened twice in the 1930s.
6. Love the outdoors? Arizona is the place for you! Our state is home to nearly DOUBLE the amount of wilderness area as the entire Midwest of the United States.
Check back in next time for more interesting facts and stats about wonderful, weird Arizona from you best dental office in Arizona! Contact us today to schedule an appointment and let us know which important or funny ones we left out!
Images used under creative commons license – commercial use (2/10/2017) Gage Skidmore (Flickr)